Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Comments

Comments about my family use to never bother me. Lately, they come from everybody and everywhere. "what a great family you have" "all boys, wow!" "do you every go to sleep?" "are they twins?" "how do you do it?" on and on and on.
The comments really, for the most part are harmless, people being curious and trying to be nice, but some people really irritate me!!!!!!!
We are eating out a couple nights ago at Applebees. An older woman comes up to our table and asks me "are you a foster parent?" and I said yes and no. She wanted me to elaborate, of course! I said these are my children and she said of course they are and I said "NO! THESE ARE MY CHILDREN". She got the point and walked away. I am not a rude person, but people are really irritating. Being a transracial family, does not mean we wear a sign that says "ask me about my family". I am all the time being asked "where did you adopt from and how much did it cost"? I really don't think I could ever go up to a total stranger and ask that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting. Great article.