Friday, October 13, 2006

Do you ever hate to post something good for fear it will come back and bite you in the butt?

Jonny is doing extremely well lately. Really well! I have been impressed with his behavior and his reactions to stressfull situations. Typically in survival mode, Jonny has been thinking more about others and not just himself.

Adopted at age 11, there are so many past experiences that I will never know about. Lots and lots of hurts, disappointments and worries, that I have only seen a glimpse of. It has been difficult for him to make good choices. This past summer his impulsesivity got the best of him and landed him in big trouble. A lesson learned.

I am hoping maturity is finally catching up, as he is 13, going on 9 most of the time.

However, hope is in the air and these past few weeks have been awesome and I am looking forward to more of them.

Now, let's hope I didn't just jinx us.

No comments: